TechArb is an accelerator for University of Michigan student entrepreneurs. Teams involved in the program should be highly motivated to build and launch their venture. Members receive exclusive access to:
- Expert mentorship both regionally and in the Bay Area
- Dedicated coaching through every phase
- Workshops presented by seasoned entrepreneurs
- Newly renovated office space in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor
- Grant funding to get you to the next level
- A community of like-minded peers to share the journey
Our next cohort will run approximately January 4th to April 26th, with applications open November 1st through November 19th, and decisions announced in early December. We will hold an information session for all interested students on Tuesday, November 14th, from 1-2 PM at TechArb.
What you need to know before applying:
- Ventures representing any industry or sector — from no-tech to high-tech — are welcome to apply. What’s important is that applicants can clearly articulate the value of their venture’s product or service to the target customer, as well as society at large.
- Each venture must be comprised of at least two University of Michigan students; more than two is strongly encouraged. The program requires presence at weekly meetings and office hours, as well as the expectation that members will make good use of the onsite resources available to them. In the past, the most successful teams have spent at least ~10-20 hours / team / week in the space. Ventures that are able to share these responsibilities among multiple members tend to fare better.
- Currently enrolled students at any level from any discipline are welcome. We encourage teams to incorporate a diversity of backgrounds and experience — these tend to be some of the most creative, capable, and resilient.
- The most competitive applicants will be those that are beyond the ideation and team formation stage. They may have already incubated their idea as a project in a course or challenge program, and through that experience have determined that it has legs and they are committed to launching it as a viable venture.
- Finalists will be invited to interview with one or more members of the review committee.
- All ventures are accepted into the program on a trial basis. Throughout the semester their progress will be periodically reviewed. Only those ventures who are making substantial progress toward pre-defined milestones will be able to continue their tenure.
- The program is intentionally designed to push ventures farther faster (ie, to accelerate them). All applicants should be prepared to be challenged and have room in their schedules to take on such challenge. Committing to TechArb means you’re able and willing to put in several hours every week on your venture.
Apply to TechArb
The application for our winter cohort closes November 19th, with decisions announced in early December. Join us at TechArb for our info session on Tuesday, November 14th, from 1-2.